Partnering with Pediatricians
PM Pediatrics has treated patients from more than 1,000 pediatric practices and has received direct referrals from more than 450 physicians. We believe children and young adults should have a medical home, and we view our relationship with the local pediatricians as a partnership, working to provide the best care possible.
PM Pediatrics offers a convenient and comfortable after-hours care alternative to the Emergency Room for patients who need to be seen when their pediatrician is unavailable, or for services their physician may not provide. PM Pediatrics is designed to complement a patient’s primary care physician, with services that include the following:
- We send an electronic copy of the patient’s medical record, discharge instructions and any other pertinent information to the primary care physician.
- We instruct each patient to follow up with their primary care physician.
- We do not offer wellness visits, physicals, school checkups, immunizations or scheduled appointments. PM Pediatrics believes these services should be performed by a patient’s primary care physician.
- We have on-site digital X-ray and lab at each location.
- A breakdown of our visits very closely approximates that of a pediatric emergency department: musculoskeletal trauma 25%, laceration repairs 10%, asthma care 10%, IV hydration 5%, lab tests 25%, X-rays 15%, critical care 1%, extended care 1%, and other procedures 5%.
Return to homepage